Tidbits of Recovery – #1

On our back patio, there are large pots from last season, and to my surprise, the spearmint, peppermint, oregano, basil, and dill are popping up. I’ve actually already used some of the mint for tea. I’ve bought two new big pots in a bright green color, and will plant fragrant roses in them when it’s warm enough here. When we lived in the Phoenix area, we had lovely, fragrant roses, but here in the mountains, I’ve discovered that the deer are addicted to them, and don’t even mind the thorns! As a result, the roses have to be planted where the deer cannot get to them, so potted will have to do. I’m looking forward to tomatoes in pots as well.

Do you have a garden – even a few potted plants? I have discovered something that I’ve read before, about the importance of fresh air and working with plants. Doing so lifts one’s spirits, and then being able to harvest some of the grown or blooming goodies, adds to life’s enjoyment!​

“Nature is God’s physician. The pure air, the glad sunshine, the flowers and trees, the orchards and vineyards, and outdoor exercise among these surroundings, are health-giving, life-giving.” Ministry of Healing, pgs. 263 & 264.

Why not think of a way that you can do a bit of planting and enjoying fresh air and sunshine. Even if you live in an apartment, grow a few potted plants near a window, and then take a walk every day to enjoy God’s gifts of fresh air and warming sun. We’ll let you know how our herbs and flowers do as the summer progresses. Spring to life and enjoy the beauty of nature!

Leave A Comment

Translate »