Trust in Me

Trust ME in the depths of your being. It is there that I live in constant communion with you. When you feel flustered and frazzled on the outside, do not get upset with yourself. You are only human, and the swirl of events going on all around you will sometimes feel overwhelming. Rather than scolding yourself for your humanness, remind yourself that I am both with you and within you.

I am with you at all times, encouraging and supportive rather than condemning. I know that deep within you, where I live, My Peace is your continual experience. Slow down your pace of living for a time. Quiet your mind in My Presence. Then you will be able to hear Me bestowing the resurrection blessing: Peace be with you.

Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young

Have you ever had one of THOSE days, full of unwelcome surprises? They seem to be happening to me often lately! I wish I’d read this passage early in the morning before beginning my errands. My hip was acting up worse than usual. Living 30 minutes out from everything can definitely be exhausting as driving is tough on that leg too. I got the minimal amount done I had to do, but then I was all done in, too; I was whipped when I got home and could only sit and be still. I was so thankful to be able to plop in the recliner and turn on heat and massage!

I need to remember to let it flow–and let it all go–to HIM!

Better late than never; I read the devotion at the kitchen table as I sat quietly for a few minutes. And I’m now sharing it with you, at whatever time of day it ends up being for you. Isn’t it wonderful that we don’t have to wait for a quiet time to be with Jesus?

God is already and always with and in us, if we are listening and focused on Him; this is true even in the unexpected, busy, confusing, worrisome, and painful moments in our lives.

Lord, help us focus our eyes, our ears, our brains, and our hearts on You. Keep us focused on You instead of thinking what we have to do, what we want to do, and what we should do. Give us peace in it all. Forgive us for being so easily distracted and weighed down by all the world keeps throwing at us.

May the Lord of Peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with all of you. – 2 Thess. 3:16

Leave A Comment

Translate »